Over the past 33 years, ABBCM and ABB has successfully completed 200+ high-rise projects including new construction, forensic investigation, and repair projects. Our expert staff have 1st-hand knowledge of high-rise building performance issues, the types of typical problems to avoid, and how to apply best design practices. Over the years, we have developed a unique understanding of how to use building assemblies and systems to their best advantage, and what materials and systems to use and what to avoid.
Additionally, our staff have been expert speakers at several industry events where we specifically focused on construction defects in high-rise buildings and design best practices.
Common high-rise building issues we have dealt with include:
- Curtain wall and glazing defects
- Occupied roof deck and podium courtyard issues
- Below-grade and horizontal waterproofing issues
- HVAC and plumbing issues
- Fire-resistive construction defects
- Elevated decks and balconies
- Roofing issues
- Exterior wall systems
- Material defects including toxic drywall, PEX fittings, etc.
- Structural engineering issues